I made some delicious peppermint bark, so I thought I’d share my recipe. 🙂
4oz semi sweet chocolate, broken up
4oz bittersweet or dark chocolate, broken up
8oz white chocolate, broken up
1/2 tsp peppermint extract, divided
24 mini peppermint candy canes
1. Line a 9 by 9 dish with parchment paper. Be sure to smooth out all the wrinkles.
2. Melt the semi sweet and bitter chocolates in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, use a glass measuring cup in a pot of boiling water. Stir the chocolate with a plastic spatula frequently to prevent scorching.
3. Stir in 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and power the mixture into the 9 by 9 dish. Smooth it out.
4. Smash 12 of the mini candy canes (I use a meat tenderizer) and sprinkle them over the top of the chocolate. Place the dish in the refrigerator.
5. Melt the white chocolate in the same way as the dark chocolate. Stir in the other 1/4 tsp peppermint extract.
6. Take the dish from the refrigerator and poor the white chocolate on top of the cooled dark chocolate.
7. Smash the other 12 mini candy canes and sprinkle them on top. Amish them into the white chocolate.
8. Place the dish in the refrigerator until it hardens (about 1 hour). Remove it from the dish and hit it with the tenderizer to break it apart. Store in a cool place and enjoy. 🙂