I’m not really a foodie. My husband is more of a cook than I am. I bake like no one’s business, but cooking isn’t really my thing. Don’t expect this blog to turn into all recipes.
That said, I have to share my recipe. I don’t eat pork or red meat. In fact, I didn’t eat anything that could walk until I was pregnant with my 1st child. My husband is southern, so “vegetarian” meant “can’t hunt” to him, but he has been pretty understanding. He also doesn’t eat soup…but he loves this one. I modified a recipe (with a little input from my super cook husband) and it’s pretty awesome. I thought I would share the wealth. And also have something to post on my newly discovered Pinterest. 🙂
5 cups cubes potatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
1. Combine potatoes, chicken broth, and celery in a large saucepot. Stir in seasoned salt, garlic powder, basil, and black pepper.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes). Puree mixture in a blender. Return to saucepot.
3. Add milk to potato mixture and mix well. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 2 minutes).
4. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted (about 2 minutes).
5. Ladle into soup bowels and sprinkle with Cheddar if you want. Serve immediately.